11.28.2008

Our new office!!

The other day, we said good-bye to our old office of 5 years and moved to a new one just 80m down the road. The old one was our first office which was big enough when I started this business with my wife but now I have a few employees. If I want to expand more in the near future, there will not be enough room so I decided to look for a new office.

When I chose our old office, I wanted somewhere handy to a train station for employees to commute, somewhere big enough as an office visitors can trust and has a meeting room. At first I visited real estate companies but the properties they had did not appeal to me, so eventually I found this one myself and negotiated with the owner directly. Although I was worried at first if I could keep up with the rent payment, my business has grown enough to feel it is too small and we decided to leave.

While looking for the office, I wanted somewhere with reasonable car parking space and easy access. I checked everywhere but the area our previous office was seemed good and safe, with the car parks we have been using for a long time, 3 lines and 3 train stations are nearby, easy access from the city centre; I ended up looking for one in the same area.

I visited different real estate companies, the same as last time and because I could not find a good one, I decided to spend more time. Then I happened to find a “To Let” notice in the neighbourhood, so I rang the real estate company. Real estate companies usually look for tenants using their own network when one of the properties they manage becomes available to get fees (normally 1 month rent) from both the owner and the tenant. However, their own network is limited in finding new tenants and about 1 month after the initial listing, they disclose it to other real estate companies. It was good timing for them when I contacted them, just when they started advertising the property as a sole agency. They were keen to reach an agreement. I gave them some conditions (I thought I was asking too much) but the owner accepted, so we got an agreement that was satisfactory for both of us.

The new office is twice as big with separate toilets for male & female, permanent presence of a security guard, quiet but with more windows: I like it! It has 2 meeting rooms so we can now have two visitors at the same time. No more panicking. We can have at least 5~6 more employees. We have to expand our business somehow.

If you come to Japan, please visit our new office. I always look forward to seeing our valuable customers.


★ Japanese used car stock : http://jpctrade.com/stock/index.html
★ JPCTRADE Home page : http://jpctrade.com/
★ JPCTRADE Blog : http://jpctrade.blogspot.com/

(Editor)
JPC TRADE CO.,LTD.
Kato building 4F, 1-1-2 Furuishiba, Koto-ku, Tokyo
Japan Used Motor Vehicle Exporters Association (JUMVEA)
TEL : +81-3-5245-7731
FAX : +81-3-3643-4955

1 comment: